Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

How to Make a Coffee Table from Reclaimed Pallet Wood

In this woodworking project I'll show you how I made a simple coffee table from reclaimed pallet wood.


For this project you will need approximately two pallets, disassembled and prepped.  
I also had a 3 x 3 inch 5ft fence post that came down last year in the wind that I used for the legs.

Tools needed; hand saw, sander, screwdriver or cordless drill.

Coffee table from reclaimed pallet wood
Coffee table from reclaimed pallet wood

To start, I removed all nails/screw and sanded down. 

Pallet wood preparation
Pallet wood preparation 
I then measured and cut the coffee table legs at 16 inch (standard coffee table height).

For the frame I measured and cut 2x 23 and 2x 36 inch pallet wood planks then attached with wood glue and screws.

Coffee table pallet wood frame
Coffee table pallet wood frame
Using what was left from the legs I gave the coffee table frame more support by adding a supporting beam in the middle.

I then sorted through my pallet planks for the best suitable ones for the top of the coffee table.

Making a coffee table from reclaimed pallet wood
Pallet wood coffee table
Once the main body of the coffee table was complete, I then gave it another good sanding by working up the grits.

Coffee table from reclaimed pallet wood
Pallet wood coffee table sanding
Next I gave the coffee table two coats of satin dark oak varnish (my preference)

Coffee table painting satin dark oak varnish
Pallet wood coffee table satin dark oak varnish painting 
To finish the job I put my new coffee table in the living room and had a cup of coffee.

Jobs a gooden...

  




No comments:

Post a Comment